Tread Lightly!, a non-profit dedicated to promoting outdoor recreation through stewardship and educational programs, will receive $500,000 from the sale of the first production unit of the 2024 GMC HUMMER EV Edition 1 SUV at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction on Jan. 28, 2023.
The non-profit will receive the full amount raised for the GMC HUMMER EV SUV, as Barrett-Jackson waived the fees and commissions typically associated with their collector vehicle auctions.
“We’re proud to support Tread Lightly! and their mission through the monumental sale of VIN 001 of the GMC HUMMER EV Edition 1 SUV at Barrett-Jackson,” said Duncan Aldred, global vice president of Buick and GMC. “We’re honored to start the year off with this donation to a great cause. With the continued support of Barrett-Jackson to make this donation 100 percent a charitable endeavor, proceeds will support Tread Lightly! and their mission of environmental conservation.”
Tread Lightly!’s goal is to balance the needs of the people who enjoy outdoor recreation with the need to maintain healthy ecosystems and thriving populations of wildlife across the nation. Funds from the first retail unit of the GMC HUMMER EV Edition 1 SUV will be used to support its conservation mission as well as promote outdoor ethics and a sense of good stewardship in nature.
“We can’t thank the GMC brand and Barrett-Jackson enough for this amazing support,” said Matt Caldwell, Executive Director of Tread Lightly! “This funding will make numerous trail restorations projects and educational programs possible in areas across the country. These projects are at the heartbeat of what we do as we work to ‘protect the adventure’ for everyone.”
The GMC HUMMER EV Edition 1 SUV provides exceptional on-road performance and off-road capability, all powered by GM’s Ultium Platform.
- Three-motor e4WD drive system offering a GM-estimated up to 830 horsepower and 11,500 lb-ft of torque, enabling 0-60 mph sprints in approximately 3.5 seconds with standard Watts to Freedom (GM estimate).
- With a nearly 9-inch shorter wheelbase than the HUMMER EV Pickup, the HUMMER EV SUV has greater departure and breakover angles and a tighter turning circle of only 35.4 feet (10.8 meters) with Four-Wheel Steer.
- Signature standard CrabWalk feature with diagonal-drive functionality.
- 800-volt DC public fast charging capability of up to 300 kW (GM-estimate).
- Rear design unique to the SUV and incorporates a standard full-size spare tire mounted to a power swing-out tailgate.
- The 2024 GMC HUMMER EV Edition 1 SUV launches with the exclusive Moonshot Green Matte exterior paint color.
Reservations of the GMC HUMMER EV Edition 1 SUV are currently full. Initial production begins in early 2023 at GM’s Factory ZERO Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly — a nearly 40-year-old facility repurposed and retooled with a $2.2 billion investment devoted to electric vehicle production. Future production vehicles out of the factory, including the HUMMER EV Pickup, HUMMER EV SUV and the Sierra EV Denali Edition 1, will offer zero-tailpipe emissions.